Our client is seeking a Structural Engineer (Project Lead) to join the Structural Large Buildings Division in London Ontario. Reporting to the Structural Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be required to lead projects, review and seal their own and junior engineer’s design work, as well as direct and mentor the design team for a variety of private and public sector projects across Ontario.
- Preparation of structural engineering designs and documents for new-build and renovation projects in multi-residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional market sectors
- Project Lead duties, including:
- Responsible for projects from initiation to close
- Act as the main point of contact with project stakeholders
- Review designs and drawings to ensure accuracy, adequacy, and conformance to the applicable codes and standards
- Coordinate all aspects of projects with other discipline’s designs and drawings
- Coordinate daily team priorities to achieve project milestones
- Review and control project budgets
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff
- Work with in the project team environment from preliminary stages of the design through to completion
- Conducting reviews / investigations of existing building structures and preparing condition assessment reports to document findings
Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited Canadian University, or equivalent required
- Registered as a licensed Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario required
- 4+ years of experience in Structural Engineering related to design of buildings
- Experience with Provincial and local Municipality design guidelines, the Ontario Building Code, and other applicable Canadian Engineering standards
- Experience in the design of reinforced concrete, masonry, steel, and light wood framing for buildings
- Proficient infinite element modelling software suites (ETABS preferred)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and AutoCAD suites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team builder with demonstrated abilities to motivate all levels of staff
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal growth; willingness to learn
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Capable of working on and/or leading several projects at the same time and with the projects in different stages
Please apply directly online or submit your updated word resume to Samantha West at [Email available when viewing the job]
We value a diverse workplace.
Agilus Work Solutions is committed to employ people from diverse backgrounds and we actively demonstrate inclusiveness through fair, equitable and accessible hiring practices.
We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome candidates who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities,
and persons within the LGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative format available on [Link available when viewing the job].