Senior IT Support Analyst
On behalf of our client in the Banking Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Senior IT Support Analyst.
Senior IT Support Analyst – Job Description
- Responsible for 2nd level technical support for all D&A Enterprise Content Management Services, the incumbent will work closely with other Technology Partners (ITS), Professional Services team (Vendors) and Development teams (D&A, TS) to remediate reported incidents in a timely and professional manner.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- This is a challenging position that requires a team player with exceptional analytical skills.
- In addition, the role will also require providing L2 support for 150 plus EETS applications.
- Activities include but are not limited to triage, troubleshooting, gathering and analyzing logs, and testing to identify the possible cause of incidents; participating in the determination of appropriate course of action to resolve the issues with minimal business disruption, and establishing remedial processes to ensure application availability.
- The primary focus is on ensuring the smooth operation and health of the Enterprise Shared Services such as FileNet, Kofax Capture, CMOD (IBM Content on Demand), eComposition (OpenText's Exstream), SAS Based Application, eSigLive (Electronic Signature) and many more peripheral API's, webservices, batch jobs and application portfolios.
- As such the incumbent is expected to do some of the following activities.
- Perform controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation, involving business and technology partners as appropriate.
- Service applications and systems, provide application, systems, operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established, while minimizing operational risk.
- Promptly schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate).
- Strive to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets.
- Provide prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identify and resolve issues, perform controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority.
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and operations), research system issues and opportunities, recommend changes, oversee execution, keep accurate documentation.
- Design, review, integrate application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations).
- Address application, cross-capability and cross-release issues.
- Gain understanding of technical aspects of project and break-fix development related to the application, advise developers and solution designers.
- Assume incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.).
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, re-develop as required.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environment performance.
- Improve performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment.
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required.
- Comply with both disaster and business recovery plans.
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and reduce costs.
- Support business case development, RFI/RFP and SLAs with vendors.
- Will ensure resolution of reported incidents of medium and high complexity in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, configuration guidelines and service level agreements for core services and applications
- Utilize Application knowledge to effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems.
- Interface with Line of Business Units, Service Desk, ITS infrastructure and Development areas to ensure problem is resolved.
- Assist Application Support Manager in developing/revising policies and procedures for supporting new and ongoing applications.
- Escalate inquiries to other support partners, or Tier 3 specialists to resolve system issues and acts as a liaison until problem is resolved.
- Participate in any testing and quality checks centered on the resolution of Application Support issues.
Senior IT Support Analyst – Mandatory Skills
- Full use and application of related principles, theories, concepts, design patterns and techniques.
- Knowledge of SOA Web Services, RESTful API, Information Security, Computer Networking.
- Working knowledge of databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Understanding of network elements such as routers and load balancers.
- Excellent in analytical, communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Ability to multitasking and to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment; must be flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, particularly in teams.
- Experience with banking applications and/or previous experiences with financial institutions.
- Ability to understand business impact, react with urgency and prioritize issues/projects.
- Available for 24 x 7 support, shift work and after hour support on regular basis.
- University Graduate with a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field.
Senior IT Support Analyst – Nice to Have Skills
- Good knowledge of application monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace is a plus.
Senior IT Support Analyst - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 6 months to start
Senior IT Support Analyst - Assignment Location
Mississauga, ON – Work Remotely