Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
We are currently looking for an 'IT Security Installation Specialist' to join our existing team that is working on a current government contract in the Ottawa area!
- Review requests for crypto installation and collate the required information in preparation for a crypto site survey in order to develop an installation plan which would include a technical solution for each site installation project.
- Perform site surveys within the National Capital Region (NCR) and at various government sites across Canada and abroad for the installation of crypto equipment.
- Prepare site survey (visit) and technical feasibility reports which would include but not limited to: site locations, points of contact, a list of circuits and crypto devices to be converted, potential issues and recommendations.
- Analyze and provide feasible solutions to stated technical and operational requirements. Identify deficiencies and recommend engineering alternatives to equipment and/or interconnectivity to ensure compliance with COMSEC/TEMPEST related specifications.
- Liaise with subsystem/system engineering/technical groups to ensure that the definition of COMSEC/TEMPEST standards and criteria related to equipment/systems interface are known and understood.
- Within 10 days of a site survey, draft and submit for approval a Project Directive for each installation (an installation may include more than 1 crypto device) while confirming to Departmental Technical COMSEC Inspection (TCI) criteria and applicable crypto installation policies, standards and guidelines.
- Provide support to installers for any questions or issues that may arise during installations in cooperation with the Technical Team Leader.
- Participate in system integration activities (i.e. planning, design, engineering, testing, troubleshooting, reporting etc.) as directed by the TA via the Technical Team Leader.
- Document lessons learned on each installation.
- Other duties as required (will be provided)
- Education: must possess one of the following:
- A minimum of 5 years cumulative experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations OR
- A Canadian Forces Personnel or Government of Canada employee: Qualification to the QL 5B trade level (or pre-1987 equivalent) or Electronic Group Definition (EL) and a minim of 4 years of cumulative experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations OR
- A University degree in any discipline along with at least 3 years experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations OR
- A College diploma in any discipline along with at least 4 years experience in the last 8 years related to COMSEC installations.
- Able to demonstrate at least 3 years experience within the last 10 years installing COMSEC or IT devices.
- Able to demonstrate at least 2 years experience since Jan 2000, with Electro-Magnetic interference (EMI) suppression techniques.
- Able to demonstrate at least 2 years experience with bonding, grounding and shield techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate at least 1 year experience creating, validating and conducting functional and integration test plans and procedures on COMSEC or IT equipment.
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate a minimum of 2 years experience with each of the following within the last 10 years:
- Fibre Optics: installing or maintaining Fibre Optic systems - including optical isolators.
- Configuration Management: drafting techniques required to amend floor plans and wiring diagrams for project directive 'as-built' installation sketches - including experience with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software, such as AutoCAD or Visio.
- Testing: creating, validating and conducting functional and integration test plans and procedures on COMSEC or IT equipment.
- Cabling: installing cable pathway hardware- including electrical metallic tubing (EMT), pull boxes, cable trays and cable management systems.
- Survey: perform site surveys and writing detailed project directives and reports for installation of High Assurance COMSEC or IT devices.
- Must currently hold a high level Federal Government security clearance.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian and woman-led company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne, dirigée par une femme. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.